What is Defined STEM?
Defined STEM is Defined Learning's solution for providing real world relevance to students. Defined STEM is a web-based application designed to promote effective and relevant connections between 21st century learning skills and how those skills are used across all subjects and curriculum.
We do this by providing:
- "Connections" with career and curriculum based video used to explain core learning concepts and provide real world relevancy to 21st century learning skills.
- "Performance Tasks" that create a project based environment where students are challenged to solve a situation using a multi-disciplinary approach.
- "Literacy Tasks" apply the knowledge defined by the common core by provide students instructions to create an informational or argumentative product while using essential skills in reading and writing.
- "Real world interactive simulations" that create a virtual lab supported by activites in online lesson plans.
- Lesson plans and objectives that teachers can use to aid in the utilization of all the content in a connection.
Visit our Training Center for an in-depth look at how these curriculum resources can be used in the classroom.