Video Learning Connections
Bridging the real world and curriculum  Learn More...
Cross curricular, real world projects  Learn More...
Informative and Argumentative tasks  Learn More...
Applying knowledge to real world deliverables  Learn More...
What is Defined STEM?
Defined STEM is Defined Learning's solution for providing real world relevance to students. Defined STEM is a web-based application designed to promote effective and relevant connections between 21st century learning skills and how those skills are used across all subjects and curriculum.
We do this by providing:
- "Connections" with career and curriculum based video used to explain core learning concepts and provide real world relevancy to 21st century learning skills.
- "Performance Tasks" that create a project based environment where students are challenged to solve a situation using a multi-disciplinary approach.
- "Literacy Tasks" apply the knowledge defined by the common core by provide students instructions to create an informational or argumentative product while using essential skills in reading and writing.
- "Real world interactive simulations" that create a virtual lab supported by activites in online lesson plans.
- Lesson plans and objectives that teachers can use to aid in the utilization of all the content in a connection.
Visit our Training Center for an in-depth look at how these curriculum resources can be used in the classroom.