Insights, stories and data snapshots of schools, educators and students using Defined STEM.
At Defined Learning, we recognized the importance of professional development to improve and advance the character of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) teaching for students of all grade levels.
Our Professional Development (PD) team is dedicated to providing comprehensive training on Defined Learning and teaching strategies for project-based learning within the classroom.
To support educators, we offer three high-quality professional development options:
Complimentary 30-minute webinar
Online professional development course
Defined Learning is committed to furthering the knowledge, education and dedication of the educators who use Defined Learning. Our goal is to enable the most effective use of the tools and concepts and promote exponential growth in both teacher and student. Our on-site training follows a three-phase process to engage teachers and drive outcomes:
• Overview of Defined Learning’s philosophy and guiding tenets
• Understand how Defined Learning will fit with your existing curriculum and district goals
Defined Learning 101
• Navigate the standards aligned content of Defined Learning
• Understand how to utilize Defined Learning in a blended or non-blended classroom
• Experience a performance task from a teachers and students perspective
• Understand how to customize Defined Learning content & share assignments
• Discuss Instructional strategies and differentiation options
• Q & A to ensure success
Performance Task PD
Jay McTighe is an award-winning educator and co-author of the Understanding by Design (UbD) Framework for performance tasks. In this online four module course, Jay McTighe guides educators on the development and assessment of authentic and engaging performance tasks.